Where are my Washington DC area Airstreamers!?

mercredi 24 décembre 2014

Hello All!



I'm fairly new to the AirForums, and I'm looking to connect with everyone, but in particular, Washington DC areas Airstream enthusiasts, owners, veterans, etc. who can help me on my quest to become a part of the airstream community in 2015! I'm looking to learn as much as I can before I take the leap in early 2015.



I was originally convinced that I wanted a vintage airstream, that was gutted and that I could refurbish with my DIY skills and the help of family and contractors. I actually own a 23 Foot box truck that I gutted as a DIY project and business venture and turned it into one of Washington DC's first fashion trucks (boutique-on-wheels). So as a result, I have a little skill but not a enough to roll with the "big boys" yet. That's where you all come in, hopefully! This Airstream will not be for business, but for leisure road trips up and down the east coast (mostly south). It will be parked the majority of the time down south on family property, and will be used when I go to the property to visit my parents. But it needs to be pretty much fully functional for when my parent's house gets too crowded with other overnight guests.



So far I've figured out (I think) that I'd like the following: a 28-30 something footer, rear bedroom, with no major flooring issues or leak issues, no major axel/brake issues. Would like electrical and plumbing to be there (but doesn't have to be functional) so contractor can easily follow the original pattern and make replacements and upgrades. No furniture, mattresses or cushions, as I want to do a completely different look from the traditional. Plus I feel creepy about used mattresses and easily soiled fabrics. I don't mind the original cabinetry, doors, framing etc. I'll refurbish it as needed.



Sooooo, I guess I first need help with deciding on newer vs. vintage, I'm trying to stay under $20,000. And The best places and best practices for finding something similar to what I want. I have many saved searches on different airstream and vintage seller sites, but any suggestions are welcome!! I know I've rambled on quite a bit, so forgive me, but any help you can offer me is greatly appreciated.



Thanks!!!




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor