New here!

lundi 22 décembre 2014

Hi everyone!



I’ve been lurking here on and off for a few years, while my husband and I planned for retirement and full-timing. Now that we’re only a year away, I thought it was time to jump in and join the fun! I went ahead and appropriated this user name even though we don’t actually own an Airstream yet.



We’ve never owned an RV but we’re confident we’ll be among the many who have jumped into full-timing without previous experience and loved it.



We’ve gone to the Tampa RV show for the last three years and have considered the fifth wheel (nope, never), the Class A (maybe, comfy), and the Airstream (yes, beautiful). Actually, the idea started with an Airstream, but my sister and BIL who have a fifth wheel insisted we would want slides and more room, and so we dutifully considered alternatives. But we kept coming back to the AS because nothing else appealed to us. The Airstream is our style, and the people are our people. ;)



We figure we’ll go with the 30-footer, 2012 or later, recliners, maybe twins. I love the International Serenity. But then the 2015 Classic came along and now I’m seriously thinking about spending a bunch more $$$ to get that couch, those window coverings and the ducted AC. I hope I talk myself out of it.



Anyway, we’ve already done some hard stuff — sold our big house, had a big estate sale and sold most of our stuff, and even sold our second car. We’re renting a little 2/1 until we hit the road.



I think the next year will go something like this: I’ll retire in September, in late summer/early fall we’ll buy our AS and TV (want to wait until after the worst of the summer is over here in Florida), husband retires in December, and we’ll hit the road in February or March 2016.



Anyway, I just read about the Canopener rally, so I’m off to see if we can sign up!



Joanne




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor