Power inverter/converter recommendation for '79 Excella 500 31'

samedi 25 octobre 2014

Hello,



my wife and I are doing a "restomod" to our 1979 Airstream Excella 500 31' Travel Trailer. It's missing it's original power inverter/converter and I'm looking for a replacement.



The trailer itself is wired for 30 AMP, and I'm planning on replacing the 2 12v batteries with 4 6 volt batteries. The trailer lights connector is wired for 12v charging from the tow vehicle. We'll use a generator when we need to but don't have one yet. We will wire for solar panels, but since that will be expensive we're going to hold off on purchasing and installing the actual panels until later.



As far as typical use, we're planning on living in the travel trailer full time starting 1 year from now. We'll boonedock maybe a quarter of the time and plan to be hooked up to shore power the rest of the time.



I'll be honest, I'm new to all this, so I'm really looking for some guidance on which power inverter/converter to get. I would like to be able to run our ceiling mounted AC unit from the trailer batteries in emergencies (i.e. broken down on the side of the road in the dessert with wife and baby). I know this will kill the batteries pretty quickly; it'd be a last resort after the generator and tow vehicle both ran out of gas.



I'd like two recommendations for power inverter/converters:


  1. A unit that's powerful enough to run the AC

  2. A unit that's powerful enough to run everything but the AC


In both cases, I'd like a unit that will charge the trailers batteries automatically when connected to shore power.



I'd also prefer a unit that's fully or mostly automated so I don't have to mess with it all the time.



Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor