Coax between 12VDC amp and antenna is not working in 92 Excella

samedi 25 octobre 2014

Hi, my RG-59 coax cable between my 12VDC wallplate amplifier and the crank up roof antenna is not carrying a signal. It is not showing ground continuity. The interior copper wire has continuity, but the braided ground wire does not. I've eliminated all of the cable above the roof but for 8" where it exits the roof. The ground break is occurring somewhere inside the wall or ceiling. I can also tell you that the coax exiting the roof is a different cable (gray with black letters) than the one coming out of the wall (Black with white letters) where it attaches to the amplifier. I talked to a Mark in Jackson and he said they usually installed a splitter inside the wall which might account for the difference in cable colors.



I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem and how they fixed it.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor