Cleaning up Aluminum tanks

mercredi 2 juillet 2014

I have two 30# Worthington Aluminum tanks made in 1977 on my Argosy. They were looking shabby and really dull and old. I certainly did not want to polish them to a shine, but just make them look like new.



I took them off and went over them with Scotchbrite plastic "steel wool" and water. I chucked the Scotchbrite into my palm sander. I then did them again with the same Scotchbrite, but with the addition of some polishing compound I had for cars, the kind in a can you can get at the auto supply stores. I washed the grunk off with water, including the black oxidation.



Net result is now my 37 year old tanks look like new, not shiny, but smooth and clean gray aluminum color.



They will look nice on the Argosy at the VAC Rally in Gunnison at the rocking Wally B Ranch.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor